Its funny, most people say they have good/bad days or even weeks or months. But here, another nanny friend and I agree, its more like bad/good HOURS. I'm sure every mother out there can back me up on this(: Today had its up and downs. I took my first shopping trip in my beautiful car! (2013 Pathfinder AHHH) Gosh, that car is a dream. It was fun! I took Julia with me and kind of just explored. We came home and had lunch and just kind of lounged around today(: I made Tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner (my comfort food). Then took Julia to practice. I was feeling a little down so I decided to do what I normally do when I feel sad and play the piano. So I went into the piano room and started on a hunt for some music, anything at all. I searched and searched and finally tried inside the piano bench. There was NOTHING. I was pretty unhappy, so I did the other thing that always makes me feel better. I called my Dad. He told me a lot of things that really helped me. But one of the things he said really had an impact on me. He told me that he has days where he gets sad and misses people too. But he can choose whether the memories make him happy, or whether they make him sad. Sometimes, its okay to be sad but I think its better to be happy. So, I have a plan. One of my friends is writing me letter and sending sheet music in the letters, my parents (when they hopefully come in August) are going to bring my guitar and my sewing machine will be shipped to me soon. I will have things to do, and that makes me feel so much better! I may even be starting some online classes. I'm really excited to start doing things.
Anyway, earlier in the day I had text another nanny out here who had had a similar experience as I am having and asked her if we could talk or do something so that I could get my mind off things. She picked me up after work and we went to PANCHEROS. JUST LOOK AT THIS BURRITO!!
Ignore that I look awful(:
Well, she's wonderful and talked me through all the anxieties and stresses I have been having. Shes really a blessing to me! I'm excited to get to know her better(:
Speaking of blessings. HEAVENLY FATHER WATCHES OUT FOR US AND LOVES US. For example. My dad works with a lady who has a sister who lives about 15 min. from me. She was told that I was here, and my dad gave me her number. I called her and talked to her and she invited me to dinner on Sunday. I was so thankful! Its been a very crazy day. Super up and down. Good hours and bad hours. And even if I really am missing the music, I can make my own here, ya know? And its going to be beautiful.

That's MY Girl!!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great! Keep learning and growing and Exploring! I am grateful for you and your fine example!
-Love Dad