Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Date Me


  • Wednesday, June 26th Day 8
So, since its summer, the kids and I normally get to sleep in. Yesterday night, I was told that the cleaners were coming this morning and it would be smart to be out of the house. But not to worry, because they normally don't come till around ten and sometimes later. Well, this morning I woke up to vacuums and distant chatter at 8:30 in the morning! So much for sleeping in.... So I woke up the kids and told them we needed to go hang outside for a bit. Julia suggested breakfast so... We went to the diner! Perfect solution, Jules(: 

Tommy and I also went to the Library today. Ah, such a darling little library. If you know me well, you know that i'm in love with the library... Like, whenever i'm frustrated or angry or sad or whatever, I head to the library. Books just make me happy, I don't know why. So I got Tommy a book (Micheal Vey. Super good, go read it now.)  And I got these two!
 Normally I get like, eight... But you know. I don't have as much time to read as I used to. So I cut down a little bit. But I let you know how I like them(:

Today's dinner was.... STIR FRY(: Mmm. Sooo yummy, i'm in love with it. I haven't ever really cooked a bunch before cause mom always did for the family. I mean, I know the basic stuff and I can follow a recipe, but cooking was definitely one of my biggest worries about this job. But tonight's dinner was fast and easy and turned out great! It was chicken, zucchini and cabbage teriyaki (how on earth do you spell that?) stir fry. The family was hesitant about the cabbage but GUESS WHAT? They loved it! Hallelujah. I was psyched. Here's a cute pic of me and Jules to show my excitement.
 Doesn't look delish... But it was, no worries(: AND THAT'S NOT ALL! Julia and I decided we needed some chocolate(: So we made some peanut butter brownies creations. Mmm. Delish. Just look at em! 
  
I know, I know. Your mouth is watering(: You don't need to tell me. 
I also got the chance to meet some of the missionaries in my area tonight. They are wonderful and I can all ready tell that they are going to be a blessing for me. I am excited to get to know them, and everyone else out here, better. I am truly blessed(: It's been a beautiful day!
P.S. I bet when you read the title, you thought this post would be about some cute boy. PAH. How wrong you are(: It's really just cause I decided it was time to date my entries(: 
P.P.S. I would love to hear from you all, post a comment telling me what you do/don't want to hear. I would just love that.
You're all brilliant(;

9 comments:

  1. Keep writing! Maecee and I just read your new posts. We pulled up a map so I could show her where you are. She said "I want to do that (nanny) when I get bigger. She also asked me how old you have to be to go on a mission. ;) I love that you are reaching out to others. That will really help you. Before you know it, time will be flying past and you will be sad to be leaving. Love ya Bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how darling! Shes adorable! Tell her it worth it and I could probably hook her up with a family(; Well, maybe not...(:Thanks Heath, i'm sure I will be sad to go!Really starting to love it here(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bridgette, its Jaden Roskelley : ) By happenstance I wondered how you were doing in Jersey, and then I saw that you have this blog : ) I can tell you are really enjoying it, even if it is a little up and down right now. This makes me excited to get out in the world on my mission. (I'm going to eat cabbage too!) Also, I think this is how I want my mom/sister to do my blog while I'm out : ) Love you Bridgette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe! Jadeennn! I miss you! Thanks for commenting! I'm excited for you, i'm sure that you are going to love it! Love you too(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts but can we please have more pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm working on it(: I'm not a very avid photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how did you make those brownie thing-a-ma-cupcake-do-dads? They look ... cool. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normal brownie batter in muffin tins, let them fall when you take them out, melt some PB and put it in the center and let them cool(:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bridgette! We love reading about your adventures in Jersey. Please keep 'em coming. It sounds like you are having fun.
    Love,
    The Zaugg Family

    ReplyDelete