Monday, July 8, 2013

It's Been a While...

Days 15-19
Wednesday, July 3. Day Fifteen
It was a beautiful day and I awoke to the news that the neighbors were gone and we were free to use their brand new pool. YES! After I did a few errands to prepare for the Fourth, Julia and I went over to relax in this beauty.
Julia didn't know I was taking a picture(: It was nice and relaxing and I loved it. Later that night, Ed said he was going to grill some fillet mignon. I was like... Cool! Never had it! So it was kind of a big deal cause it was my first time eating it. So Ed made the main dish, Jules made some really yummy mushrooms and I threw together a salad. It was SUPER delicious! And of course, we had to document the moment!
I know, your mouth is watering(: It was super delish. It was quite a long and exhausting day. I had eaten WAY too much food (I also made a crumb cake that night) and so by the time I went to bed my body had had enough. First anxiety attack since I've been out here. It was really scary, really hard. My family was camping and didn't have service so I couldn't talk to my dad (Which normally is what helps most) Lucky for me, my best friend, Trent, was there for me. He skyped me and helped me calm down till I could fall asleep. First anxiety attack=CONQUERED(:

Thurdsay, July 4. Day Sixteen
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAYYYY! I was lucky enough to get to spend my fourth of July with one of my best friends, Scott, who was on vacation in NYC. I woke up really early to be able to catch a train out to Hoboken, NJ to meet him and some of his family at Carlos Bake Shop! Cool, yeah?
It was a really cool little bakery with sooo many treat and cake and mmmm(: I got this divine little thing.

Red Velvet is my favorite(: It was heavenly, let me just tell you. Anyway, after that we took another train into the city. The first thing we did was walk to Brooklyn Bridge. Which was pretty cool! There was a really nice view of the city from there and it was a fun place to take a few pictures. Even if we all look disgusting because it was 100 degrees and 100% humidity. (Probably not, but that's what it felt like.)
You can sorta see the skyline? Whoops(: Anyway... I was there. Afterward we took a walk down Canal Street. Super duper sketch. Never go there alone. It was kinda cool though. And I got a new bag which i really needed! Then we walked down to little Italy to this little pizza place called Lombardi's. HOLY COW. BEST PIZZA OF MY LIFE (Sorry Daddy, yours is good too!)
It was huge and the toppings were delish and I ate way too much and was sooo full but holy goodness, it was worth it(: We also stopped in Central Park. That place is huge! It was fun to walk everywhere and see everything! So many street performers and so much music, I loved it!
Darling, yes?(; Then we stopped at this cute little fountain thing.
Ignore that I look awful and just look at the fountain(: Then we decided that we were hungry again. So we went to this cute little traveling food car thing called Waffles and Dinges. They serve waffles with all kinds of delicious things on them. And they are Belgian waffles so somehow that makes them 100% better. Seriously, it was so good. Seriously delicious. Just look at it.
Mine had strawberries and ice cream on it. My mouth is watering just looking at it. AH. If you are ever in New York, go get one. After we sort of got to see some fireworks (It was PACKED) And then I headed back home to get some rest. It was a pretty spectacular day.

Friday, July 5. Day Seventeen
I slept in till like.... eleven. It was heavenly. I was pretty exhausted. Around 3:30, me and some nannies decided to head into the city. When we first got there, we decided that we were hungry. We stopped at some cute little Irish Pub and I got what I thought was pot pie, cause that's what the menu said it was, but it looked like this.
What? It was SO good though. The bread stuff on top was light and fluffy and flaky and yummy(: Then, we went to go get manicures and pedicures cause they are cheaper in the city.
Cute, yes?(: We also did a little shopping, went back to the waffle places (YUM) and I had my very first taxi ride!
Nothing too special, but I was excited(: By the time we were ready to go back home, everyone was getting out of the shows. It was SOO CROWDED. We had to run to catch the train and didn't get home till way super late. But it was fun. I love the cityyyy(:

Saturday, July 6. Day Eighteen
What a long day! First thing I did was head to a water park called Lake Tomahawk.Its really cool because it is right on the lake. Like, the slides go into the lake! It was crazy! It was really really crowded. But it was pretty fun! Didn't take and pictures... My bad...
Anyway, after i came home and showered and such Chandler asked if I wanted to head to the state fair. I had never been to one, so I thought it would be fun! When I got there, a circus was about to start! HOLY COOL! I've never been to one before and, other than the awful heat, it was actually super cool. I only got a few pictures and none of them were good... Here is the best one.
I realize that no one is performing.... Haha(: Once the lights were out it was kinda hard to get a real picture. But it was way cool! Then, we went and watched a bike show. Where they jumped these ramps and did a bunch of crazy cool tricks! It was awesome! And finally we went on a ferris wheel ride! It was great(:

Sunday, July 7. Day Nineteen
Really, not much to say about Sunday. Church was good. Led the music... Of course(; And I got a lot of rest. I mean, that is what it's called yes?(:

It was a crazy busy week, but it was awesome and I loved it! I am starting toget the hang on things here and I think that its starting to look up(:

No comments:

Post a Comment