Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lazy Day

Monday, July 8. Day Twenty
Welp. I didn't really do a whole lot today. The biggest achievement of my day was this beautiful creation.
Well... Not this EXACT salad. But I copied the recipe and made one just like it for dinner and good grief, it was heavenly(: Really, they loved it! They liked the salad more than the main dish (Salmon) and I was super stoked about it!
Also, I was surfing the web earlier today and happened to find my sister Allison's new website. I was pretty psyched about it. Its a site for her to show off all her cool talents(: Check it out! Anyway... as I was scrolling through, I found this.



I was so touched! She is so talented! It made me really happy to see. I really have the most amazing family out there and I miss them terribly. But, they are my family and they are stuck with me so I know that they will still be there when I get home, and that is really comforting.
I've noticed that it is easier for me to be happy and have fun here when I take more time to notice the little things. Like being grateful for stuff like fireflies! They are so gorgeous! And the amount of green here is breathtaking. I really love the family that I get to work for, the kids are awesome and we have a lot of fun together, even if it is just lazying around the house. And I'm making so many new friends! I have been truly blessed! It was hard for me at first and it still is really hard sometimes, but I know that I'm here for a reason. I have all ready learned so much and I know that I won't stop learning. It's incredible. I've been given the experience of a lifetime. And I'm so glad I'm here

1 comment: